Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Week 13- My Teacher is Missing & Math Apps

Math Apps

This week I went to a math workshop and got some great things to share. Our math coach shared some iPad task cards she made so I thought I'd feature them on my blog this week. You can purchase her task cards on teacherspayteachers.com. Click this link! iPad and Math by Haley James

I want to show you a screen shot of each app that goes along with the task cards.

Population Matters
Population Matters

MLB at Bat

MLB at Bat

National Geographic Park Guides

National Parks National parks 2

Measure Map

Measure Map

While I was learning today my kids wrote about me. I left a "My Teacher is Missing" writing assignment. I'm going to share a couple here.

Missing Teacher by Raina

When I came to school I noticed my teacher was missing. I looked everywhere for her. I went to the other classes and looked for her. Then the principal came and asked why I was out of class. And I told her that my teacher was missing. The principal said what! And so we looked outside. But there was something strange, we saw her car. So she had to be in the school somewhere inside the school. Then we called the police. They were coming over to the school. So they came and helped us look. We still couldn't find her. Then all of the sudden my friend said she found blood. But it was just cranberry juice. So we followed the tracks. It went into the teacher's work room. It was my teacher. She was getting all the Dr. Peppers.

Missing Teacher by Ryan L

It was just another typical day: getting ready for school, ride the bus there, and go to class. When I got there, though, we had a substitute. Most people thought she was sick so I did to. Then, a week passed and we realized she had to have been kidnapped. That afternoon I put up "MISSING" signs all over the city. Later, I put together a group of kids called the SSK, that stands for Secret School Kids. One of the kids found something that looked like an alien space ship. He called me and told me to come imidiatly. When I saw the ship I thought our teacher must be inside. Some kids didn't want to come in because they were scared but that was ok. When we got there we split up. The place was kind of high tec and greenish. Then I came to a door that said "teacher chamber." I thought that must be where she was. It was locked though. So I stole the key and unlocked the door. There was my teacher! She was tied up and so I untied her. I told the others and we all came out of the ship. We went to school and celebrated! Then everything was back to normal.

STUDENTS: We have been using the iPads in class every week. What is your favorite app to use at school? Why is it your favorite? Don't forget to use 7 up sentences to answer the questions!

5 comments:

  1. My favorite app is math ninga it is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite game is Math Rocket. The reason why I like math rocket is because you can do anything. You can do Addition Division Subtraction and Multiplication. And you can earn money if you get all the answer right. And with that money you can update your rocket. And add new decorations. And that is my favorite app to use in class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My game is Rocket Math because it is fun and you can earn money. You can also play Addition,Subtraction,Division,and Multiplication. Also with the money you can buy stuff and make your rocket look cool. That's why I like Rocket Math.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favotie is rocket math. You get to desine your own rocket. I have seen a lot of crazy ones. Sometimes the game glitches. The outer space is cool to. My favorite part is desineing the rocket. Rocket math is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite app is rocket math because you can learn your addtion and didvde.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Students, make sure to answer the question of the week to earn your ticket for the good job jar. If you have trouble posting your comment just e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.