Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Week 31

Playing 24

This week some of us played 24 during our math group time. 24 is a fun game where the students earn points by collecting cards. Look at the card below.

24 card

All of the numbers on the card must be used. You can add, subtract, multiple, and divide to write an equation that equals 24. Can you solve this one? This card is worth 2 points (the dots in the corner of the card shows how many points you earn with this card).

Magic tree- before

We also predicted what might happen with this tree. Thomas thought we might burn it and create a chemical change. I didn't have anything quite that exciting in mind. We forgot to look at it before leaving for the long weekend today so I took a picture of the tree at the end of the day so everyone could see it.
Magic tree- after

My kids love doing brain breaks. Ever notice your students zoning out or getting that glassy look in their eyes? Getting them up and moving helps combat that!

Brain breaks

During chemistry today we had a lot of fun! You can see TJ pouring her Phenol Red into a small cup.

Phenol red

The cup then went inside a bag with baking soda and calcium chloride. The students all predicted a chemical change but I don't think any of them were prepared for what happened.

Chemical change Starts white

This is a look at the bag once the experiment was complete. This chemical change created a color change, gas, and heat!

Our chemical change

STUDENTS: This week we have been doing a lot of review to prepare for the ARMT (reading, math, and science). What part of the test do you know you are ready for? Is there a topic you would like me to review Monday? Here is your chance to show off. Tell us what you know about your favorite subject!

11 comments:

  1. My favorite subject, eh? Well, that has to be GRAMMAR. Boring, yes I know, but it is essential for getting a good job and stuff. If you wanted to be a public speaker, you can't say "Imma be a public speaker so you best pick me". That is incorrect English and isn't acceptable. I have good grammar. I can spell words perfectly like hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia and antidisestablishmentarianism. Correct grammar makes you sound smart.



    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. read 3 words one two three by timothyApril 6, 2012 at 8:03 AM

    i like pe and recess the best but since their not on the armt ill say science it is easy (sometimes) like im sure any bases and acids are gonna be really high for almost everyone cuz of the song.i can remember every word mrs.white was told us on acids and bases like water isnt nuetral like most people would think it cou be a 8 on the ph scale 0 to 6 is an an acid 7 is nuetral and 8 to 14 is a base

    ReplyDelete
  3. what do u do with decimals in +,-,x and division

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ready for the science unit. I don't think I need anything reviewed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ready for Math. Don't need any reviews on a topic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amerrit.My favorie subject is language but I think i'm ready for math and I don't think I need to review anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. claudia martinez ;] ;]April 8, 2012 at 5:35 PM

    I think I'm ready for reading because if I don't understand something i need to check for understanding.Also if they ask author purpose question I'm pretty sure I will get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am ready to do science because of the experiments fav subject is ....................................................................................................math wait no..................................................................oh yeah reading wait wrong........its science

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am ready for reading and math....I think.I want to review science.My favorite subject is math I know all about mean,median,mode,multiplication,division,dividing and multiplying fractions.For example: 1/2 x 2/3=1/3.Easy stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am ready for math and science. No topic to review.My fav subject is math because nearly it is challenging.carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am ready for the math AMRT test because I understand everything now and I know all of my brian dumps. But my favorite subject is science but yet that is the subject I need more help on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Students, make sure to answer the question of the week to earn your ticket for the good job jar. If you have trouble posting your comment just e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.